POSITION: Production Manager
LOCATION: Deeside, Flintshire
SALARY: £40,000 per annum + Benefits
Located in Deeside, we are currently working alongside a large manufacturing company who specialise in the design and development of high precision steel products are seeking to appoint a:
The primary purpose of the role is as follows:
To ensure that all elements of the manufacturing processes and resources are controlled and co-ordinated in a clean, safe working environment, in order that 99%+ customer service levels are maximised and costs are minimised and Inventory is controlled.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Effectively co-ordinate and plan materials, components, equipment and manpower that are required to manufacture a range of standard and bespoke products and components, whilst ensuring that customer orders are delivered on time, in full and to appropriate standard of quality first time.
* Establish clear and challenging production targets and monitor performance via use of KPI.
* Ensure inventory is controlled and accurate in order to maintain customer service levels but minimise working capital.
* Liaise with all relevant internal / external functions in particular Sales, Technical and Purchasing to avoid any material, component and tooling shortages, highlight any supply issues at the earliest opportunity.
* Control of Operational costs within the departments.
* Ensure all equipment/work tooling is kept in a good state of repair and that effective and proactive maintenance is carried out.
Communication of key business information via team briefing.
Health & Safety
* To promote an environment of continuous improvement.
* Actively promote application of LEAN principles and lead continuous improvement projects aimed at improving operational efficiency and/or practices.
* Incorporate Flexibility to perform any other reasonable duties in order to support the business with relevant skills and knowledge you already possess, or following suitable training.
* Ensure compliance with all personal obligations under Health & Safety legislation, adhere and implement Company H&S policies and procedures.
* Enforce all safe working procedures, practices, rules, and regulations.
* Ensure good housekeeping is maintained within your dept/cell and across the site.
* Review, report and investigate any incident including near misses or any unsafe situation and take corrective action to prevent re-occurrence
* Ensure machinery checks, safety audits, risk assessments and safety tours are carried out and documented.
* Operational Excellence
* HNC/D in Engineering
* Certificated in Production Engineering / Business Management.
* Lean Manufacturing trained
* ILM L3 or equivalent
* Control a budget.
* Enthusiastic & self-motivated
* Logical problem-solving approach
* Ability to work to tight dead-lines/targets
* Ability to work am/pm shifts
* Lead and motivate a team
* Good communication skills
* Qualified to degree level, in Business Management or Mechanical Engineering.
If you would like to discuss this role in further detail please contact David or Ron at Davinci for an informal and confidential discussion.
Your CV will be forwarded to Davinci skilled and technical LTD, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy. The services advertised by Davinci skilled and technical ltd are those of an employment agency.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org