JOB TITLE: Production Supervisor
LOCATION: Deeside, Flintshire
PAY RATE: £11.16ph + Annual Bonus + shift allowance
HOURS: Two shift system (6-2/2-10)
Located in Deeside, Flintshire, we are currently working in conjunction with an established and highly regarded manufacturing firm. Due to sustained growth they are now looking to increase their team with the appointment of a Production supervisor.
The primary purpose of the role will be to provide technical expertise, coach and support a team of Setters and Operators to minimise equipment downtime, maximise throughput of the cell, and to ensure appropriate SHEQ requirements are maintained at all times. Please note that the role will involve working on a 2 shift system, which is mornings and afternoons (6am-2pm/2pm-10pm).
Reporting to the production manager, the role will involve:
* Ensuring that customer service levels are maintained above 99%.
* Ensuring that tooling and equipment are in place to satisfy orders.
* Ensuring the safety of all employees.
* Ensuring all relevant EHS checks and communications are carried out in a timely manner
* Promoting good housekeeping and establishing 5’s. Ensuring quality procedures are adhered to and maintained
* Ensuring all products are manufactured in accordance with drawings and specifications.
* Planning and coordinating production to satisfy internal and external customers
* Managing and motivating teams to achieve clear visible targets.
* Producing shift reports highlighting key measures of performance and any issues.
* Adopting and developing Operational Excellence activities, e.g. Lean & Six Sigma techniques within the team.
* Developing team members to ensure there are suitable skills and cover in all areas
* Liaising with sales team to give order lead time and updates
* Liaise with internal departments regarding resources and services
Beyond the aforementioned, to be considered for this role you will need the following skills / experience:
* Experience in high volume manufacturing environment
* Previous supervisory experience- Min 3 years
* Used to working to short lead times and under pressure.Good understanding of LEAN principles
* Basic IT literacy,good telephone manner
* Communication skills at all levels
* Ability to work ‘hands-on’ and to lead & motivate
* Good problem solving & decision making skills
* Must be flexible and self-motivated
* Experience of writing risk assesments and SOPs
* Able to understand engineering drawings
Overall this is a great opportunity to join an growing and established manufacturing company. If you were like any further details relating to this role then please contact David at Davinci skilled and technical for an informal discussion.
Your CV will be forwarded to Davinci skilled and technical LTD, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy. The services advertised by Davinci skilled and technical ltd are those of an employment agency.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org