Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /customers/2/a/7/davinci-plc.co.uk/httpd.www/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/theme-functions.php on line 1489
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /customers/2/a/7/davinci-plc.co.uk/httpd.www/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/theme-functions.php on line 1494
Health and Safety Advisor21/10/2021
Personal Assistant (PA)21/10/2021
JOB TITLE: Site Engineer
SALARY: £36,000 – £37,000 Per annum + Benefits
SHIFT PATTERN: 3 on 3 off (Days and nights rotating, 12 hour shifts)
Nights: 7pm till 7am
Days: 7am till 7pm
Located in Barnsley, we are currently working alongside a growing and highly regarded Food manufacturer, who due to a number of change are now looking to appoint a multi-skilled Shift Engineer to work on a permanent basis.
- To provide electrical and mechanical engineering services and give support to production and to the building
- To ensure that the plant and equipment runs safely and efficiently at all times with the aim of minimising downtime
- To provide efficient and effective quality repairs of defects to buildings on site and production in accordance with the required standards;
- To be flexible with working hours, be able to cover call outs all so be able to do cover shifts when engineers are on holidays and sickness.
This role would lend itself well to someone who has previously worked within a fast paced, high volume food manufacturing environment. Beyond this, typical skills, knowledge and qualifications that would desirable within this role have been outlined below:
- HND (Equivalent) in electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- Basic knowledge of welding, fabircation plumbing, fitting, general repairs and so forth
- Previous experience within Food manufacturing
- Team Player
- Good timekeeping
- Flexible and adaptable to change
Broken down more specifically, typical maintenance activities will include:
- Ensuring Machines comply with relevant Health and safety legislation
- Maintain spares of Stock, involving sourcing and re-ordering where required dependant on available volumes and requirements
- Perform regular maintenance of machinery as well as buildings
- Maintain all electrical supplies to the machinery, all the while ensuring compliance with relevant Health and safety guidelines.
- Work closely with continuous improvement initiatives supporting Engineering management where required.
If you would like any further details relating to this exciting opportunity please feel free to contact David at Davinci for an informal discussion. The services advertised on behalf of Davinci skilled and Technical LTD are those of an employment Agency.